Monday, June 22, 2015

The Million Dollar Smile

Look at this girl's precious smile!


This is Julia. She and Isolde are possibly in the same region.


Julia3

Julia is thirteen years old, which means she is only three years away from becoming unadoptable. Julia is now the same age Isolde was, when I began advocating for Isolde. Both sweet girls are still available for adoption, waiting for their forever families to welcome them home.


Information/Pictures from Reece's Rainbow: http://reecesrainbow.org/52637/julia


Girl, born 2002
FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome), probable secondary Cerebral Palsy
Julia has such happy, giant brown eyes and a smile that lights up a room!


From a volunteer who visited with her in July 2014:  “I know Julia as a big Drama Queen. She loves attention and she’ll do anything to draw your attention. But not this year[...]The only thing she’d do was take my hand as I walked by. Normally she’d wheel after me and try to climb on me, but it seemed like there was no strength left. I missed my Julia as I know her, my little monkey. I want her to find back her energy to get out of life what’s in there. She’s an amazing girl and she deserves a loving family. She always has a big smile on her face and she’s really caring. She takes care of dolls as if they are real babies. She feeds them, changes their diapers. She loves to play with my hair and she actually tries to put the band in it. She is amazing! She would be such a good daughter! ”


From a family who met her in December 2013:  “I have to shout for this precious girl for a moment…we are here now and we see her everyday at the orphanage. The pictures don’t do this dear one justice at all; she is gorgeous and so very sweet!!! She can’t walk on her own (she can if she is assisted!) but she is still quick! She comes over to me everyday and wants in my lap, to shake my hand, or give me a hug. She has SO much potential and I can just see the hunger for love and a Mothers touch in her eyes. She has been overlooked long enough!!! She is darling….truly!! ”


From someone who met her:   Julia is a girl that I know as the girl with the big smile.  Somehow she just seems to smile almost always. She’s a little monkey. Whenever somebody enters her group she would crawl up to that person and just start to climb on him/her. She doesn’t even need you to give her a hand, she’ll just climb up without any help and then she hangs on your neck, looking around, proud, as if she wants to say ‘Did you see that? Do you see where I am?’
Her favorite toy is a doll. She plays with it as if it is a baby. Keeping the doll up straight, putting her down carefully. She feeds and clothes the doll. One of the nurses showed her how she should put a cotton diaper on the doll, she totally loved it. She even sings lullabies for the doll and she’ll ask visitors to do the same. She also loves to play with long hair. She really tries to make ponytails or braids.
Julia is able to walk, but her legs are really crooked, and she needs help to keep standing or to walk. 


Julia is described as curious and enthusiastic.


Please, if you feel drawn to Julia and can see her million dollar smile brightening your home, contact Reece's Rainbow right away! Thank you. ~Sasha


2014





No comments:

Post a Comment