Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Letter from Nadiya

It has been months since we have heard any news about Nadiya Savchenko, the Ukrainian fighter pilot that has been falsely imprisoned in Russia for over a year. At Planting Flowers of Freedom and Peace, we have done several posts on Nadiya, like this one.


Today, I would like to share the first update I have found on Nadiya, from Maidan Translations. It is a letter written by Nadiya and translated.



Nadiya Savchenko: “You will hear from me yet!” #FreeSavchenko

                

Embedded image permalink

Image from Twitter: ВО Батьківщина

By Nadiya Savchenko, via Vira Savchenko (sister)
06.22.2015
Translated by Maria Stanislav and edited by Voices of Ukraine

To the people.
You write to me a lot. I’m sorry I cannot reply to all letters, but I am endlessly thankful to you for them, and for hearing what you think.
You would like to hear more from me, but in Russian prisons, not only are my hands tied, my lifeline is cut off, and also my mouth is taped shut…
I know and understand everything about Ukraine, inside and out, and this all pains me very much!..
But I want to offer you more than just words. I would rather act! In every way I can! And you will hear from me yet!…

Yours, Nadiya

Nadiya Savchenko
06.22.2015″


No comments:

Post a Comment