Friday, April 17, 2015

And My Soul Ached

Please take time to watch this trailer.

I had the opportunity to see this documentary several days ago.

And my soul ached.




This is real footage from the Maidan protests that occurred from November 2013 to February 2014 in Kiev, Ukraine. Having been to Ukraine around this time, I can say that I have fallen in love with the country, the culture and the people.




I have celebrated with them. I have cried with them.

Even though I am not Ukrainian, I support them.

Their tragedies are my own tragedies.

Their heroes, my heroes.




I know that it may sound strange. How can someone feel so deeply about a culture that is not their own, whose people are not theirs? I do not know.




All I can tell you is this.

My heart cannot express its' sorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment